Ep.11 of the Surf Coast Creatives podcast is now live! Tune in for a sit-down chat with your hosts Ben & Jess.
We ticked over 10 episodes for Season 2 of the podcast last week, so we thought it was time we did a short recap.
Find out the “7 Things We Learnt During Season 2” plus more heartbreak for myself and Jess and news regarding the future of the podcast.
We finish on a positive note with an exciting update regarding our NEW co-working space in partnership with the Workers Hut in Torquay.
In the meantime, here’s some stats we cover in the pod:
- Nearly 2,000 downloads after 10 episodes vs 4,000 at Season 2 end
- From 0 to 250 subscribers at end of season 2
- 600 Followers on Instagram vs 1,220 now
- Almost 300 followers on Facebook vs 400 followers now
- All organic growth with no paid ads or advertising
And here’s a short summary of what we learnt during Season 2.
7 Things We Learnt Season 2
- You’ll find the time – If it matters to you will find the time, whether it be when your bubba is having a nap or in the early hours of the morning.
- Routine is key – A routine is important to help you keep on track and keep you showing up. 80% of success us showing up.
- Power of social & marketing – Social media and marketing is a great free tool but it is a chore to most people. The power of good content cannot be denied though.
- Highs & lows are a given – Everyone has their highs and lows. Eg. Burglaries and covid, staff issues, crowded homes during the lockdown.
- Separate home & business – Having a dedicated space to create. Talk about how we wanted a space to foster creativity and entrepreneurship.
- Make new connections – Networking and asking for help is always a great idea. “A problem shared is a problem halved.” Nice one Jess.
- Customer is king – Customer service is the number one priority for young movers & shakers not matter where your business is.
Lots of wisdom in that list 🙂
Super excited to announce we’ll be building a new co-working space dedicated to creatives. We’ll be go-for-launch in 2021 so watch this space for more details.
Surf Coast Podcast Summer Edition
Otherwise, we’re having a little break from the podcast. We’ll be back in the first week of December for the summer edition of the pod and the start of Season 3 from our new home in Baines Crescent, Torquay.
We’ll be active on social in the meantime so keep in touch and keep spreading the word for the Surf Coast Creatives podcast.
P.S. Let us know if you’re looking to work alongside some awesome people in 2021. You now have the chance to be a part of a new co-working space dedicated to creatives living and working on the Surf Coast.
Send us a DM on social media or or drop us an email:
Ben Hucker is the founder and host of the Surf Coast Creatives podcast. He’s a former finance guy who traded Collins St for the Coast 3 years ago now. Tune in for a weekly episode of the Surf Coast Creatives podcast. Each episode is packed full of hints and tips on creativity, health, business and mindset.